Tobi has a bachelors of science degree from Northern Illinois University in Art, Biology and Chemistry and an associated degree from Triton College in Therapeutic Recreation. She believes art activities should be available for all populations and ability levels!
She taught painting, drawing and Early American Crafts for approximately 30 years part time at adult education facilities, schools, museums and nature centers. Her paintings and drawings have been juried into many museums, and colleges throughout the United States. Some of the many facilities that have juried her art work into their shows are:
- the Pinnacle National Juried Art Competition, in the Foster Tanner Gallery, A and M University, Tallahassee, Florida 2011 to 2014:
- The Idaho Falls Arts Council, in Willard Arts Center, Carr Gallery, Idaho Falls, Idaho 2012 to 2014
- Museum of the South West, Midland Texas 2013 and 2012 ( 2012 received an award)
- Gateway to Imagination, Farmington Museum, New Mexico 2011 TO 2013
- Northwest Florida State College, Mattie Kelley Art Center,, Nicerville Florida
- two meretricious awards at the Richardson International Art Competition, Wisconsin 2014 and 2012
- received awards from several on line galleries
- award at Stroking V from Chicago Pastel Painters competition 2014 at Union Street Gallery, Chicago Heights,Ill
- juried into a women International Show at Oakland Community College, Michigan 2011 (art work is on line under the show title New Perspectives Oakland Community College Women’s programs)
- plus many more juried shows.
If you are interested in purchasing work by this artist please contact NWCC:
(847) 382-6922 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org